8.15.2011

: Derailed :


Do you ever have those times in life where you feel everything has derailed itself; or am I alone in this?
  • You go on a diet and you gain 4 pounds
  • You plant flowers and end up over watering them to their death
  • You work at getting all the clean laundry put away just to have your youngest child tear it all off the hangers and out of the drawers
  • You put your heart and soul into relationships to have it just blow up in your face and dissipate to thin air
  • You make the perfect chicken curry dish {family fave} to have the heat turned up to give it a quick warm before dinner and end up burning the whole dish
  • Purchase the perfect amount of balloons for a gift to have one of the balloons pop on the way out the door
This {and a few million other GOOD reasons} is as to why I haven't been around here...it's been a bit of a ghost town and I've been okay with that. Sometimes it's just the place I want to be in. Not that this is a healthy place, but you never get to the top of the mountain unless you've been in the valley.

I have SUPER supportive family & friends that have been there to carry me the whole way through this valley and that, my lovelies is priceless!

My hope is that I'm on the way up the mountain {cause my legs are still burning!} and that the valley is far behind me.

Doesn't mean I won't hit a steep cliff or run into a fog every once in a while, but for now I feel good knowing that I'm on the upward swing to a healthy whole me.

God is greater than my "funk" and sometimes I forget that He is willing {& mighty capable} to help me through it! So all that to say that I'm officially back, more so for my own memories and to share in my life, passions & joy {and maybe the odd spaz attack!}.

This song has been such an encouragement in my life as of lately ----




Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13 NLT

Happy Monday Lovelies! It's almost vacation time and for that I am very thankful!

{XoXo}


6 comments:

Nickie said...

Sorry you've been going through a rough spot! I hope that it gets better soon!! Loves!

Crystal said...

Next girls night out you need to vent these thi gs, that's what we are all there for!

Canadian Kristin said...

Hello Friend. I hope you have been receiving my emailed notes of encouragement and feeling my prayers of praise and encouragement on your behalf. {{hugs}} Phone me if I can do more.

Laura said...

Ahhhh, life. I'm with ya on the legs burning while trying to get up the mountain. My hope and what gets me through is knowing that God is BIGGER than everything else and NOTHING is out of His reach or power. Gos is bigger. And incredibly faithful... so never doubt that He sees and catches all your tears and when you can't make your legs go any further - He will carry you.
Love you, Friend

Shawna said...

Thank you Lovelies! I appreciate your kind words & prayers! XoXO

Melissa said...

i love you and hear your heart with every word of this post! i have been going through some of these times lately too and your verse at the end says it all. you are doing life with beauty and grace and are an encouragement and inspriration to many; do not be disheartened. xoxox

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin