3.24.2011

: Remembered for? :

Elizabeth Taylor died yesterday - her death was all over the news, it wasn't a celebration of her life, even though she did lots of good on this earth. Instead it was about her reflection. What she portrayed, what she looked like, who she married {7 times}. She was a beautiful person, as for her soul -- I can't say. But her exterior was b e a u t i f u l. However, her life seemed still less than full.

This brought me to thinking about what I would be remembered for if I were to die. I know, I'm sick like that. But really, what would I remembered for? I guess on the exterior it would be my hair - that is my most complimented physical asset. But other than that, would I be remembered for my cheerful demeanor, my love for my boys {all three of them}, my respect for Mr. L...I truly don't know. I do know that I want to be known for my faith in the God of all my days, for He is where my eternity is.

My friends father died this past weekend. Everywhere they turn they have been revealing Christ in his life. They are preparing the memorial, a celebration of his life for this weekend. It's truly a celebration of what he loved and who he was. There is absolutely no question as to what was in his soul for he was filled with the love of Christ.

I don't know about you but I would much rather be known by the evidence of Christ in my life instead being famous or "look what she did" --- In Christ alone my hope is found.

Just my *Thursday Thoughts*, hope you have a wonderful day Lovelies!

{XoXo}

1 comment:

Tawn said...

well said, my friend - well said!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin