7.08.2009

:: Happy Birthday Marm ::

:: Today is my Marm's birthday, she's a great Mom full of love, sincerity and goodness --- she is truly what a Momma should be ::

:: Here is a little questionnaire I had her fill out a while back, so Happy Birthday Mom - I pray you know how much you are loved today and always! ::

* * *

Where do you live?

Surrey, a Burb of Vancouver

what is your favorite color?


hmmm…..I wear a lot of black, but I love all colors

what is your favorite city?


I love living in Vancouver, but I love the feel of small town america

What is your favorite thing to cook?

All things that I like to eat….that is a VERY large variety! Love chicken with different sauces on top…roasted or stir-fried veggies….apple betty. I love being in the kitchen….but I don’t spend as much time there as I used to….

What beauty product can you not live without?

foundation and lipstick

I am NOT low maintenance….I give myself facials all the time…I am not a 5 minutes and I’m ready for the day kinda girl…..


what is your favorite nyc restaurant?

Film Center CafĂ© It’s small, quaint and has amazingly good food


What is one thing you can’t help but splurge on?
pedicures


What is your favorite word?

Woo-hoo (as crazy as it sounds – the g-kidlets know it’s me when I call it out)

What movie can you recite by heart?

It’s a Wonderful Life and parts of The Muppets Christmas Carole


What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?

Breakfast out with friends or family

Which tv show makes you happiest?

All home design programs…I’m addicted

What is your favorite beverage?

Diet Pepsi with lime wedge

What is one trend that totally victimized you?

Probably the ‘fitness’ clothing lines…..I am SO NOT a fitness guru, and to wear the yoga pants and stuff is VERY comfortable, but I feel so not justified to wear it.
If you could trade lives with anyone for a day who would you chose?
I can’t think of anyone I would rather be….corny I know but true


What is your favorite comfort food?

Okay…true confession time. I take equal parts of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter….melt it in the microwave, stir it until all melted and mixed together and pour it over vanilla ice cream . After a bowl of that…nothing really matters any more.

What famous person do you think you most resemble?


Sally Fields

What is your favorite adventure that we've shared?

Life is always an adventure with you….I love to shop with you, lunch together….antiquing and bargain hunting.

Holidays together are a top of the list favourite, too

What was the best piece of advice you were ever given? Who gave it to you?

Business – Never accept no from someone who doesn’t have the authority to say yes. (I have used this SO OFTEN, but I can’t remember who I got it from)

Personal – Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

What three possessions do you value most?

Hmmm….I love my home and I’m very thankful for it

I love things with history…hand-me-downs like my Mom’s silver candle sticks

What three non-material things do you value most?

My Hubby, my kids and their spouses, and my grandkidlets

When was the last time you told someone you loved them? Who was it?

Yesterday, my hubby

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Thanks for the post, Hon....I forgot all about that questionaire...I wondered what you were going to do with it!!

Laura said...

Great post! Your mom and mine share a favourite drink :) And I never though of the Sally Field one before - I can totally see it!!
What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful mom, hey? God is GOOD!

Char said...

That was GREAT! Happy Birthday Joanne, you deserve the world!!!

I think I will have a Diet Pepsi with lime in your honor - its a fav of mine too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin