1.04.2009

:: Project 2009 ::

:: Okay, so I have had so many lingering projects that I have procrastinated on and pushed to the side and this desk has been one of those projects ::

:: We got this desk from the free section on craigslist {back in March}, it's stained oak {in forest green} and it came with a shelving unit that sits on top, we put the shelving unit in storage for now but the desk is the perfect size for the spare room in the basement, and the perfect place to put all of my paper craft items ::

:: So yesterday I attacked the forest green exterior and started priming and painting! ::

:: Before ::


:: After {without flash & with flash} ::


:: I may distress the edges of it, but for now it looks fresh and so much better to me! The chair that it's paired with is my Papa's office chair, it's one of my most favorite items! ::

:: Here is a view from the entrance into the room...currently the room still has Christmas decor that I'm sorting through, but soon enough it'll be back in order ::

7 comments:

cathy said...

The room looks great! I like the transformation. PS I have the same brown magazine holders.

PS. I bought a chair like your Papa's and is my office chair.

PPS. I see other Craigslist finds in your room :D

PPPS. Happy New Year!! To all you!

Laura said...

Great job Shawna! You have such a gift - seeing beauty where others wouldn't. All about potential! ;) Nice to have a fresh paint job for now, and when you need a change again you can distress the edges :) That'll look great too!

Shawna said...

Yes, I have some VERY nice free craigslist furniture in my rooms ~ Thanks to you Cathy! I still can't believe that happened! Great minds think alike!

Thanks for the encouragement Laura, sometimes I just feel cheap re-inventing something!

Christy said...

You did a great job on the desk! I love crossing projects like that off my list of to-do's!

The Samy's said...

Super job Shawna! Looks like new. Where do you find the time to do all of this?

Anonymous said...

Looks really great! Just curious what colour of paint you used? I can't tell in the picture.

Shawna said...

The paint is the same colour as our basement...kind of a blueish-gray colour.

If you want to know specifically I will colour match it to my Benjamin Moore colour wheel. Just let me know!

xo, *S

{Ps. Elyshia, I don't have time, but I'm choosing to make it}

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin