1.06.2009

:: Journal - You do ::

:: If you are a friend of mine on facebook, you will know that I was looking for a super cute cheap day planner for 2009 yesterday ::

:: Paul and I usually get our planners in a two pack from Costco for the whopping price of $8 {for both}, well just before Christmas we checked our local Costco for our planners and they were all out, so we were heading into 2009 with no planners which = no plan! Oh, No! ::

:: When we were in the states the other day we found some super cute planners by Stephen Covey {I think} at Target, however $25 for an item that gets thrown in my purse, on the floor of the car, stepped on and gets a good splash of coffee by the 4th day of it's life with me was not worth $25 no matter how cute! ::

:: Paul checked out a Costco on the other side of the bridge and found our planners, plain 'ol Brownline planners for a steal at $8, he bought them and brought home mine that looked just like my last years one {sans the cowgirl boot} ::



:: I was still drooling over the super cute Stephen Covey ones ::

:: So I decided to jazz mine up a bit, here's what it looks like now ::
:: All I did was reinforce the front & back covers with diaper box cardboard & a hot glue gun. Then I went downstairs and dug around in my wrapping paper till I came up with something cute, grabbed some black ribbon and my tape gun and we were in business ::
:: I covered the cardboard covered front and back with a piece of wrapping paper and glue gunned it in place. Once the paper was in place I covered it in pieces of clear packing tape to seal the paper, it's not the best option...I would have or should have gone to pick up some clear sticky tack but I was too lazy. I then took the ribbon and tied a knot in it {just for that decor flair} and proceeded to glue it to the unfinished trim. And there it was, my cute, very me, very cheap 2009 planner ::


:: Now that I've got a planner I can plan out 2009 ~ Here's to a fabulous year! ::

xo, *Shawna

16 comments:

Our little Pumpkin Seed said...

Your 2009 planner looks great! I actually did the same thing to my planner last year...a little paper, sparkles and bling!

Sarah said...

That is adorable! You are one clever chickie!!

Dustin and Chelsey said...

Can you be ANy more talented? It looks amazing...hmmm..>I think you need to add another facet to your business..hehehe. Gorgeous!

Nadine said...

Love it, and I would rather have yours then the Coach one for $150 anyday!!! Super cute!!

Shawna said...

Nadine: I felt like I was back in high school covering our agenda covers with magazine clippings...I just came across my old agenda's, I have all of them, even old notes from you! You had the best printing. Anyway, I've been keeping an agenda since grade 8, I have one for every year! Crazy eh!?!?!

Thanks y'all for your compliments. It felt great to sit down and be tangibly creative, do it...you would love it too!

xo, *S

natasha said...

totally cute shawna! love it. i used to recover my planners in highschool. i think mine had mark whalberg on it though... ;)

The Samy's said...

Super cute! I was actually thinking about buying a 2009 planner cause lots of things I have forgotten...hmmm, wonder why?
I will have to see if I can find one as cute as yours!
I totally remember decorating the planners at school!

Nadine said...

What a great idea, Shawna!!! You are so creative and talented. I would have probably given up and put it away until I had patience to finish it. Just like my wedding scrapbook (we got married almost two years ago)! Which is the goal for this year. :)

Looks great!!!

Lisa B. said...

If I drop off a daytimer at your house will you decorate it for me?

Shawna said...

Lisa B :: Of Course!!!

Jenn VH said...

So cute!! What a great idea and WAY cuter than the $25 planners!

Rachel said...

Okay...is there anything you CANNOT do?!

Shawna said...

ha ha, yes right now I can't seem to loose any weight...there ya go! Ha!

Sarah said...

Alright Lady, I am going upstairs to do this to mine RIGHT NOW! Wish me luck.

Shawna said...

You Go Sarah, you're a crafty girl, you'll have no problem creating yourself a beautiful day-teller ;)

Make sure to post your finished product!
xo, *S

Sarah said...

Posted oh crafty one ;o)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin