12.01.2006

:: Great Deals = Great Blessings ::

:: My sister-in-law Jennifer (Paul's Sis) works for a property management company and gets the "in" on a lot of the display suite furniture and decorations in the display homes. So yesterday when I received an email from her saying that North Eleven Developments was clearing out two of their West Van homes I was in! ::
:: I know it's just Ikea stuff - but heck if I can get it for cheap without tax - It's much better than buying brand new! ::
:: I wanted the chair in this room for our family room - Erika (the girl from North Eleven) said it had a stain on the arm so she would just give it to me!?!?!? It's not like this is a really cheap chair - It's not expensive but not cheap! The chair is called Tullsta and goes for $149.00! And I can more than likely get the stain out with my super-mom techniques aka. Oxi-Clean :)
:: She is selling these prints for $44.00/print - Good deal but not out of this world, the round back chairs in this photo she had already sold by the time I had spoken to her but she was selling them for $150.00/chair - I love them! ::
:: Now here is the most amazing deal - I had originally just called Erika to find out about the bedding - I thought it would be great to use on my old white bed as Jacob's "big boy bed". She said that she could sell me the duvet, duvet cover, sheets, pillow shams & decorative pillows for $50.00 - I'll take it! She said to me "It's just Ikea stuff - I'm sure they still have it in stock" - so I thought to myself, yeah I should probably check Ikea and see how much they sell it for. The pillow shams and duvet cover alone is $79.00 new - this stuff hasn't been used it's just been sitting in a display suite for 6 months --- I'll take it! ::
:: Okay, so if you thought the bedding was a good deal, you won't believe this deal ::
:: So when I was arranging a time to pick up my goods with Erika, she said "are you sure you don't see anything else that you want?" - I asked about a few other things but they were not in my price range (patio furniture - $180.00/chair) so I politely declined. She then said that the boys bedroom furniture was still not spoken for - so I asked how much she would sell it for, she said $180.00 for everything (dresser/side table/bed/mattress/chair) - I told her that we didn't really need it and so I again declined. She then sweetened the deal by saying "would you take it for $150.00?" - What?!?!? Did you say $150.00!!?!??! Um, I'll have to call my husband and see what he thinks. I call Paul - he doesn't answer. So I call my Mom (in T.O.) and see if she wants to buy Jacob a $150.00 bedroom suite for Christmas - Their in, they say yes (the original plan was to buy him a bookshelf). So I call Erika back and tell her I will take it! ::
:: Here is the cost of everything from Ikea ::
Double Bed (Aspelund) :: $199.00
Double Mattress (Sultan Fageras) :: $149.00
Side Table (Aspelund) :: $59.00
2 Drawer Dresser (Aspelund) :: $129.00
Chair (Lenna) :: $199.00
Duvet Cover & Shams (Tyra Blad) :: $79.00
Duvet (Mysa Mane) :: $59.00
Sheets (Villa) :: $34.00
:: Total Retail Cost - $907.00 without tax ::
:: What we payed $200.00 (no tax) ::
:: Thank you Lord for watching out for us! Even though this stuff will be in storage for a year or so, I don't think I would have found a better deal anywhere! ::

3 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, what a totally amazing and wonderful and fun shopping spree that turned into! And the price.....no, my dear, don't think you could match that deal anywhere else!!! I celebrate with you BIG TIME!!!

Nickie said...

You sound just like me! I'm addicted to sales and I always love figuring out how much I would have paid full price! That really is a great deal and that stuff looks really nice!

Amanda said...

Great Deals Shawna! I love the denim! So boyish! I did that too when we first got married. Pier 1 was having a truck load sale (the first and only one ever!) and they were selling things for crazy cheap on the last day so I got a twin headboard and footboard each for $15.00. I will not need them for years and Jordan thoguth I was crazy but he will appreciate the great bargain when we need to use it! (They were originally $150/ea)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin